Forum Milton Keynes Strona Główna Milton Keynes

POMOCPOMOC   FAQFAQ   SzukajSzukaj   UżytkownicyUżytkownicy   GrupyGrupy   RejestracjaRejestracja 
 ProfilProfil   Zaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomościZaloguj się, by sprawdzić wiadomości   ZalogujZaloguj 

Artificial turf and Canadian talent were two of t

Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Milton Keynes Strona Główna -> Serwis Forum
Zobacz poprzedni temat :: Zobacz następny temat  
Autor Wiadomość
Bellroll33
Weteran Forum
Weteran Forum

PostWysłany: Pią Cze 21, 2019 08:18    Temat postu: Artificial turf and Canadian talent were two of t Odpowiedz z cytatem

TORONTO -- Artificial turf and Canadian talent were two of the topics that had Toronto FC supporters riled up at a recent question-and-answer session with the MLS teams braintrust. Tim Leiweke, president and CEO of Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment, shot down the turf question by saying its a non-starter. But the issue of how the team treats its Canadians kept coming back to the microphone. "Id like to see Canadians being played," said one fan. "I think that was one of the draws to me coming to this is to see Canadians play. Im not seeing enough of it from this team." "My concern is how youve treated the Canadian players since the beginning," lamented another supporter. "Ive looked at the salaries every year and every year since Year One, the Canadian kids get almost the lowest pay across the board. Every year. And this will never work unless you start to respect the Canadian soccer player." Manager Ryan Nelsen patiently answered the questions, pointing to local defenders Ashtone Morgan and Doneil Henry and midfielder Jonathan Osorio currently starting with rookies Kyle Bekker and Emery Welshman also in the squad. Goalie Quillan Roberts completes the TFC Canadian contingent with homegrown player Manuel Aparicio newly promoted from the academy. Talented and young, said Nelsen. "We have to nurture them. We cant throw them in the deep end, we cant scar them," he added. Theyll get their chance, he added, pointing to Sporting Kansas City star midfielder Graham Zusi, who made just nine starts in his first two MLS seasons. Bottom line, said Nelsen, "I want more Canadian players on my team. "Even when the Canadian (national) team goes and plays in Spain and they take all my players away and I cant field them for TFC, Ill take that hit. Not a problem." The questions about the handling of Canadian talent took Nelsen by surprise. "I was expecting a lot worse questions, to tell you the truth, but on that one I was a wee bit let down because no other Canadian team is producing the young kids that were playing and giving them the opportunity," he said after practice Tuesday. The Vancouver Whitecaps roster features three Canadians: midfielders Bryce Alderson and Russell Teibert and goalie Simon Thomas. Another Canadian, 20-year-old midfielder Caleb Clarke, is on loan to FC Augsburg in Germany. The 20-year-old Teibert has seen action in 20 MLS games this season, starting 18, and is seen as a rising star. Alderson, 19, and Thomas, 23, have yet to play in the league in 2013. The Montreal Impact have four Canadians listed on their roster, including hard-nosed veteran midfielder Patrice Bernier. The others are 19-year-old goalie Maxime Crepeau and 21-year-old defenders Karl Ouimette and Maxim Tissot, who have a handful of games between them this year. Nelsen identified Osorio as a rising talent from Day 1 of pre-season and he has partnered the 20-year-old Henry with captain Steven Caldwell at centre back. Morgan has won back his job at left fullback. And he says he remains a big backer of Bekker and Welshman, who have played 200 minutes between them in the league this season. Nelsen says the two first-round draft choices perhaps got "blown up a wee bit in the media" when they arrived on the Toronto FC scene. "But theyre fantastic players, theyre very good players and we believe in them," he said. Its a tough learning curve, however, Bekker, 23, choose his words carefully when asked about his first pro season. "It hasnt been the easiest," he said Tuesday. "It is what it is," he added. "Its my first year. I just have to keep working ... and bide my time." Nelsen reminded his Saturday morning audience that his players have every day at practice to stake their claim to a place in the starting 11. "I dont pick the team. The players pick the team ... trust me. Young Canadian players? Ill play them, Ill play them when theyre ready." "Its all about production," added Toronto GM Tim Bezbatchenko. Leiweke had the last word on nationality when asked about where the club is conducting its hunt for designated players. The focus is on the English Premier League and Italys Serie A, he said, adding: "I know this. If we win, I dont care where theyre from. Youll love them." Donte DiVincenzo Jersey .Y. - Referee Ed Hochuli referred to replay official Tom Sifferman by his nickname Jungle Boy, which was heard on the in-stadium microphone during the Arizona Cardinals-Carolina Panthers NFC wild-card game Saturday. Ray Allen Jersey . And yet as they left TD Garden amid the slush and snow of a winter storm on Thursday evening, there was a sense among the Leafs that they had finally stood toe to toe with their long-time bully, only to fall just short. http://www.cheapbucksjerseys.com/?tag=cheap-oscar-robertson-jersey . Lowry and the Raptors officially announced a four-year US$48 million dollar deal Thursday. The deal was reported last week but couldnt be made official until Thursday, when the moratorium on signings was lifted. "They were real factors. I did my homework. Cheap Bucks Jerseys . Blown save in the ninth inning? No problem. Khris Middleton Jersey .The rookie goalie made 36 saves to help the Calgary Flames blank their Pacific Division rivals 1-0 on Saturday following a 48-hour ordeal that included lost baggage, a cancelled flight and a new pair of contact lenses.KANSAS CITY, Mo. -- The Chiefs managed two offensive touchdowns against Cincinnati on Thursday night. Their defence and special teams trumped them. Sean Smith and Malcolm Bronson returned interceptions for scores, DeAnthony Thomas brought back a punt 80 yards for another TD and Kansas City beat the Bengals 41-39 in their preseason opener. Andy Dalton was sharp in his only series for the Bengals after signing a new six-year deal this week. He hit wide receiver A.J. Green for a 53-yard pass to set up the opening field goal. Dalton quickly gave way to backup Jason Campbell, who was just 6 of 15 for 72 yards. And while he threw a pair of touchdown passes, Campbell also was responsible for the TDs by Smith and Bronson before getting banged up midway through the third quarter and exiting the game. The Bengals Dre Kirkpatrick also returned an interception for a touchdown. Both teams played their starters sparingly, which is common in preseason openers. But the Bengals were also forced to use their backups to plug holes caused by injury. Starting offensive linemen Andrew Whitworth, Clint Boling and Andre Smith, tight end Jermaine Gresham, wide receiver Marvin Jones and defensive tackle Geno Atkins all sat out the game. Chiefs safety Eric Berry and defensive tackle Mike DeVito also did not suit up. Alex Smith, in negotiations on his own long-term deal, struggled along with the rest of the Chiefs first-team offence. They went three-and-out on their opening series, and Smith was strip-sacked on their next possession to set up Campbells short TD toss to Brandon Tate.dddddddddddd. That was just the start of an entertaining, back-and-forth half. Albert Wilson returned the ensuing kickoff 65 yards to set up Ryan Succops short field for Kansas City. After the Bengals stalled on their next possession, Thomas fielded the punt and spun away from Kirkpatrick before racing 80 yards for a tying touchdown. On the next offensive play, Campbell was intercepted by Smith -- a former starter trying to win his job back -- and he returned it 36 yards to give Kansas City a 17-10 lead. Kirkpatrick atoned for his special teams flub when he intercepted a badly thrown ball by Chiefs backup Chase Daniel and returned it 40 yards for a TD. After the Chiefs added another field goal, Campbell connected with Dane Sanzenbacher for another score and a 24-20 lead. In the waning seconds of the half, Daniel found tight end Travis Kelce running open down the seam. The big tight end, who missed his rookie season to injury, hauled in the 69-yard TD pass. Bronson returned his pick-6 early in the second half to give the Chiefs a 34-24 lead. The teams traded fourth-quarter TDs before Cincinnati scored another touchdown in the final seconds. Notes: Bengals first-round pick Darqueze Dennard made a sack on a cornerback blitz early in the game. He later left with an undisclosed injury. ... Dalton finished 3 of 5 for 71 yards. Smith was 3 of 5 for 19 yards. ... Ryan Succop and Cairo Santos, in a battle for the Chiefs kicking job, each hit their only field-goal attempt. Cheap Buffalo Sabres Gear Wholesale Calgary Flames Jerseys Cheap Adidas Colorado Avalanche Jerseys Montreal Canadiens Outlet Store Wholesale New Jersey Devils Jerseys Adidas Arizona Coyotes Jerseys Cheap Adidas Boston Bruins Jerseys Cheap Adidas Carolina Hurricanes Jerseys Chicago Blackhawks Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Columbus Blue Jackets Jerseys Dallas Stars Shop Free Shipping Cheap Adidas Detroit Red Wings Jerseys Anaheim Ducks Jerseys China Wholesale Edmonton Oilers Jerseys Florida Panthers Shop Free Shipping Wholesale Los Angeles Kings Jerseys Minnesota Wild Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Nashville Predators Jerseys Cheap Adidas New York Islanders Jerseys New York Rangers Winter Classic Jerseys Cheap Adidas Ottawa Senators Jerseys Cheap Adidas Philadelphia Flyers Jerseys Wholesale Pittsburgh Penguins Jerseys Cheap Adidas San Jose Sharks Jerseys St. Louis Blues Winter Classic Jerseys Wholesale Tampa Bay Lightning Jerseys Toronto Maple Leafs Outlet Store Vancouver Canucks Outlet Store Cheap Adidas Vegas Golden Knights Jerseys Cheap Adidas Washington Capitals Jerseys Cheap Adidas Winnipeg Jets Jerseys ' ' '
Powrót do góry
Ogląda profil użytkownika Wyślij prywatną wiadomość
Reklama

Wysłany: Pią Cze 21, 2019 08:18    Temat postu:

Powrót do góry
Napisz nowy temat   Odpowiedz do tematu    Forum Milton Keynes Strona Główna -> Serwis Forum Wszystkie czasy w strefie CET (Europa)
Strona 1 z 1
Skocz do: